My colleague Ed Einowski didn’t mince words in a recent article published by The Sindal Report. If the federal production tax credit (PTC) is allowed to expire at the end of this year, there will be a dramatic drop-off in wind installation starting in 2013. And these diminished opportunities will add up to significant changes for the industry. Among Ed’s predictions for a post PTC environment:
- Well-capitalized developers will be best suited to survive
- ‘Develop and flip’ will no longer be a viable strategy
- Growing focus on adding value to the end customer
- Developers will need to deal with transmission issues, and
- Traditional project financing will be the new financing paradigm
You can view an extended summary of Ed’s remarks on our firm’s website. It’s well worth the read.