On June 8, 2010, Utah Governor Gary Herbert launched a formal planning process for the Utah Energy Initiative. Over the past several months the members of the Utah Energy Initiative Task Force and various subcommittees have conducted public hearings and a series of meetings to gather input for purposes of drafting a 10-year strategic energy plan. The Energy Initiative Task Force issued a draft report on November 3, 2010. Written comments on the draft report are due by November 10, 2010 and should be submitted to email@example.com. A public hearing at which public comment will be accepted will be held on November 10, 2010 from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m., at the Senate Building (State Capitol complex east building), Room 215, Salt Lake City, Utah.
The energy plan outlined in the report contains the following themes:
- Economic Development and Energy Jobs
- Energy Development and Environment
- Energy Efficiency, Conservation and Demand-Response
- Transportation and Air Quality
- Transmission, Infrastructure and Transportation
- Developing and Applying Technology and Science